SingularityNET, a decentralized AI marketplace powered by blockchain, announced today an updated roadmap for the SingularityNET platform Beta development for the first half of 2020. The roadmap includes a series of important steps oriented toward making the platform easier to use for a variety of AI algorithms, models, product and service developers.
Going forward, SingularityNET aims to get material traction for the platform from third-party AI developers and users. All the work described in the roadmap will be open-sourced, available for viewing and community development on SingularityNET’s GitHub Repo.
“The SingularityNET Beta platform was released almost eleven months ago and since that initial public release, our team has been blessed with insatiable curiosity from the community regarding the next steps that will take us closer to a fully featured and mature decentralized AI marketplace capable of obsoleting the Big Tech oligopoly and fostering the emergence of beneficial general intelligence. To satisfy this curiosity at least partially, we give here a moderately detailed roadmap covering some of the more major improvements and extensions planned for the first half of 2020.”
– The SingularityNET Team
- In the Beta V2 version, and the subsequent release of V3, SingularityNET moved away from the old test UI onto a new more user-friendly UI environment.
- SingularityNET also introduced a new account-based system into the market and are offering free trial access to AI services for all account holders.
- Launched the first portion of the envisioned bidirectional fiat-to-crypto gateway by integrating PayPal into the platform. With this integration, SingularityNET opened up the user market by enabling access to AI services on the platform using fiat currency as well as AGI tokens.
- Released a Software Development Kit (SDK), a daemon for request streams, and Request for AI Portal (RFAI).
H1 2020 Roadmap
- SingularityNET comes to mobile devices. Java and Android SDKs for mobile are on their way!
- Documentation on AGI token staking. The documentation will explain how it will work, both from the staker’s perspective, and from the back-end view in which staked tokens are used to support the fiat-crypto gateway to be launched in June.
- Major Update of Developer Portal.
- Staking for AGI tokens begins. Release of staking smart contracts and staking DApp.
- Launch of AI Publisher Portal. The AI Publisher Portal is a new site embodying a systematic and easy-to-use process for submitting new AI algorithms, products, and services to be listed on the SingularityNET Marketplace directory.
- First SingularityNET AI Algorithm/Model Developers Online Hackathon. SingularityNET will be inviting hackers, students and professional developers around the world to help the ensemble of AI algorithms and models on the platform grow — and leverage this new channel to disseminate and monetize their code.
- Flexible pricing models. SingularityNET will be releasing smart contracts supporting subscriptions, tiered prices, and bulk discounts.
- First SingularityNET AI Product/Service Developers Online Hackathon. Inviting product and service developers to explore how SingularityNET’s AI tools can enhance their products’ intelligence. Watch the array of products back-ended on the platform’s AI tools increase!
- Portal for SingularityNET Enhancement Proposals (SNEPs). Similar to the RFAI portal, but focused on platform improvements and extensions rather than AI tools. It’s time to get the community more fully involved in improving and extending the platform. It takes a global decentralized community to build a decentralized global brain.
The second half of the fiat-to-crypto gateway, enabling AI service providers to receive payments in fiat. Both AI service developers and AI service consumers will be able to interact with the platform using either fiat or AGI tokens depending on their taste — with AGI tokens used in both cases on the back end. The tokenomic mechanics of the gateway will be enabled by staked AGI tokens.
In addition to the above platform enhancements, aimed at easing the process of onboarding new AI developers and consumers to the marketplace, SingularityNET has a lot more planned for the first half of 2020 and beyond. Additional emerging developments for 2020 and beyond include:
- Integration of the reputation system, including a reputation dashboard allowing users to browse reputations of different services, authors and users. Last year, SingularityNET created detailed simulations of its weighted liquid rank reputation system; as the usage of the platform grows during 2020, there will be an increasing need for sophisticated reputation and ranking and the reputation system will be released into the platform.
- The launch of Rejuve, a tokenomic ecosystem leveraging SingularityNET AI to analyze biomedical data contributed by Rejuve network members and clinics, so as to discover new therapies contributing to human healthspan extension. Rejuve will also launch two mobile apps for Rejuve network members to help them build healthier habits.
- The launch of Xccelerando Media, a future-tech media service leveraging SingularityNET AI on the back end and covering AI and advanced technology developments relevant to the platform.
- The gradual rollout of the NuNet platform, supplying decentralized hardware networks underlying SingularityNET’s decentralized software network.
- Applications of the OpenCog Artificial General Intelligence platform, deployed within SingularityNET, to a variety of application areas including climate science, longevity biology, home automation, and smart cities and more.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends