eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Fed rate decision to impact markets today
The Federal Open Market Committee will be announcing its rate decision today at 18:00 GMT, followed by a press conference with Fed Chair Jerome Powell at 18:30 GMT. The Fed is expected to cut rates for the first time since 2008 – a move which could lead to tremendous market volatility. Earlier, at 12:15 GMT, the ADP NFP report will be released, potentially impacting US markets. Yesterday, Wall Street finished lower, as investors were awaiting today’s rate decision.
Today’s highlights: Apple earnings lift stock after hours
- Cryptos show gains: The seesaw in the crypto market continued over the past 24 hours, as the majority of cryptos were seen higher at the time of writing. Bitcoin was up by more than 2%, climbing above the $9,700 mark. Bitcoin Cash led the top 10 with gains of more than 6%.
- Trump blasts China: US President Donald Trump took to Twitter yesterday, releasing a series of tweets blaming China for not buying enough US agricultural products. Trump’s words decreased hopes of a new trade deal being struck this week, sending Asian stocks lower this morning, as the HKG50 and China50 indices each fell by at least 1%, joined by the JPN225 index.
- Oil continues to climb: Following 3 consecutive sessions of noticeable gains, oil prices continued to climb this morning, as a large decline in US oil stockpiles boosted prices.
- Volatility expected for CAD: The monthly GDP report is due in Canada today at 12:30 GMT, potentially generating volatility for the Canadian Dollar.
- Apple jumps after hours: The tech giant released its earnings, and for the first time ever, iPhone sales made up less than half of its revenue. Despite this, the company reported its best Q2 result ever, causing a 4% jump after hours [tweet this].
- Europe opens slightly higher: The UK100 opened 7 points higher, the GER30 was up 20 points and the FRA40 opened 4 points higher.
9734.43 193.98 (2.03%)
1.3136 -0.0014 (-0.11%)
Stocks earnings releases on 31/07/2019
LUPE.STLundin Petroleum AB
Stocks earnings releases on 01/08/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends