eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
US stock indexes soar to new heights; Friday’s earnings reports mixed
SPX500 climbed 0.5% to 2,939.88 on Friday and NSDQ100 jumped 0.3% at 8,146.40, both closing at a new all-time high. The first-quarter US GDP reported better than expected economic growth, offsetting several earnings disappointments, including computer-chip giant Intel which fell 9% after reporting poor performance. Ford Motor, however, jumped 10.7%, the automobile company’s biggest gain of the decade.
7831.68 5.88 (0.08%)
FFord Motor Co
10.4 1 (10.64%)
Today’s highlights: IOTA soars, Google earnings later today
- IOTA shoots up 15%: News that Jaguar is testing an IOTA-enabled smart wallet caused a jump in the altcoin’s price. So far, at the time of writing, Bitcoin has held relatively stable at just above $5,300.
- Amazon shares up: AMZN rose 2.5% higher on Friday, while retail competitors Walmart and Target took a 2% and 6% tumble respectively.
- All eyes on GOOG: Alphabet will be releasing it’s first-quarter earnings after the bell today. Apple (AAPL) will be releasing its report after the bell tomorrow.
- GDP sees 3.2% increase: The American economy beat estimates of 2.5% and posted its best first-quarter growth in four years, despite the longest government shutdown in US history occurring in January.
- European stocks slightly higher: EUSTX50 was up 0.07%, FRA40 was up 0.03%, and GER30 was up 0.14% as the week closed out. However, looking at individual stocks, shares of Deutsche Bank (DB) slipped 2% while Skanska (SKA-B.ST) tumbled 4%.
- Volatility expected for GBP: BOE Governor Mark Carney is scheduled to speak this morning at the Innovate Finance Global Summit in London at 8:10 local time.
- Important: Due to a national holiday in Cyprus on 26/4-01/5, withdrawals may take longer than usual to process.
1948.1 45.85 (2.41%)
1.2932 0.0015 (0.12%)
Stocks earnings releases on 29/04/2019
Stocks earnings releases on 30/04/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends