eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Wall Street partially recovers from dramatic losses
Following the significant losses suffered on Monday, which were caused by the ongoing trade dispute between the US and China, Wall Street showed a recovery yesterday. The DJ30, SPX500 and NSDQ100 all closed higher following strong gains by key companies, such as Apple and Boeing.
Today’s highlights: Cryptos continue to show gain
- Cryptocurrencies remain higher: After registering tremendous gains earlier this week, the crypto market remained on its positive trajectory, as 8 of the top 10 cryptos were in the green over the past 24 hours. At the time of writing, Bitcoin was seen slightly higher, still holding above the $8,000 mark. The largest gains were registered by XRP, which was up around 12%.
- China shows impressive gains: Markets in the East were seen higher overall this morning, as the China50 showed strong gains, up by more than 2% at the time of writing. The HKG50 and JPN225 also registered gains.
- Oil prices stagnant: A surprise increase in US stockpiles weighed on oil prices this morning, however, a series of attacks on OPEC members’ oil facilities kept prices afloat.
- Volatility expected for USD and CAD: Monthly Retail Sales reports will be released in the US at 12:30 GMT. At the same time, the monthly Consumer Price Index report will be released in Canada. The reports could potentially impact the USD and CAD.
- Europe opens higher: The UK100 opened 14 points higher, the GER30 was up 15 points and the FRA40 opened 12 points higher.
- BCH hard fork expected today: the Bitcoin Cash blockchain network is expected to undergo a scheduled hard fork today at 12:00 GMT. Please note: BCH trading on eToro will be halted around the time of the fork and will resume once stability is restored.
8014.69 228.79 (2.94%)
Stocks earnings releases on 15/05/2019
Stocks earnings releases on 16/05/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends