eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Wall Street closes higher
After two consecutive negative sessions, US markets finished in the green yesterday, as the NSDQ100, DJ30 and SPX500 indices all registered gains. After having its price target raised by a Morgan Stanley analyst, the Disney stocks showed impressive gains, closing 4.4% higher. Several stocks reached new all-time highs, including Starbucks and Procter & Gamble.
141.33 5.61 (4.13%)
83.21 0.28 (0.34%)
Today’s highlights: Bitcoin holds above $8,200
- Bitcoin continues to climb: While the majority of top 10 cryptos were seen in the red over the past 24 hours, Bitcoin remained on its positive trajectory. At the time of writing, Bitcoin was up more than 1.5%, trading above the $8,200 mark. Bitcoin Cash was the only other top 5 crypto to show gains, climbing about 3%.
- Asian markets seen mixed: The ongoing protests in Hong Kong continued to impact markets, as the HKG50 index registered additional losses this morning. The China50 index also showed losses, while the JPN225 was seen higher.
- Oil spikes on Middle East tensions: The black gold rose more than 2% yesterday, after two oil tankers were attacked off the coast of Oman. Oil prices continued to climb this morning, but have yet to recover from the major dip seen last Wednesday.
- Volatility expected for USD: Retail Sales reports are due in the US at 12:30 GMT, potentially generating volatility for the greenback.
- Renewi jumps 11%: Waste management giant Renewi yesterday recorded gains of more than 11.5%. The company is part of the RenewableEnergy CopyPortfolio, which gives investors exposure to the clean energy market.
- Carney to speak today: Bank of England Governor Mark Carney is scheduled to speak at the Women in Banking and Finance Awards for Achievement. Carney’s words could generate volatility for the GBP and other key instruments in the UK.
- Gold close to 14-month high: The safe haven asset continues to be in high demand, as gold prices rose yesterday and this morning, nearing the 14-month high reached earlier this week.
- Europe opens slightly higher: The UK100 opened 9 points higher, the GER30 was up 7 points and the FRA40 opened 3 points higher.
8192.93 -83.08 (-1%)
1.1269 -0.0007 (-0.06%)
33.22 3.45 (11.59%)
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends