eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Bitcoin reaches $8,000 as cryptos show moderate gains
The cryptocurrency market was relatively stagnant over the past 24 hours. At the time of writing, the majority of top 10 cryptos showed price movement of 1% or less. After crossing the $8,000 mark, Bitcoin showed a slight dip, trading just below the mark this morning. The top 10 was once again led by Litecoin, which showed gains of more than 9%.
7941.64 34.36 (0.43%)
138.11 2.09 (1.54%)
Today’s highlights: Global markets seen lower
- Wall Street ends slightly lower: After showing strong gains earlier this week, US markets closed with marginal losses yesterday, as both the DJ30 and SPX500 registered slight declines, while the NSDQ100 finished nearly flat.
- Asian markets seen lower: Markets in the East were also on the decline this morning, as the HKG50 index was down more than 1.5% at the time of writing, joined by the China50 and JPN225 indices.
- Volatility expected for USD: Consumer Price Index reports will be released in the US today at 12:30 GMT, potentially generating volatility for the greenback.
- Oil continues to slip: The black gold fell more than 1% yesterday and this morning, after The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) yesterday lowered its oil demand growth forecast. Prices were also impacted by expectations that the Crude Oil Inventories report, to be released later today, will show an increase in US stockpiles.
- Beyond Meat tumbles 25%: After skyrocketing more than 80% over two sessions, the vegan food giant, which went public last month, showed a major correction yesterday, eventually closing at a loss of 25%.
- Tesla rises after hours: Tesla Founder Elon Musk yesterday spoke at the annual shareholders meeting, promising a 400-mile range car and saying the company will unveil its pickup truck this summer. The TSLA stock closed nearly 2% higher yesterday and rose an additional 3.7% after hours.
- UK pledges near-zero emission by 2050: The UK recently announced a new clean energy initiative, with the aim of cutting harmful greenhouse gasses to zero by 2050, making it the first country in the world to set the ambitious goal. On eToro, investors can gain exposure to the clean energy market, using the RenewableEnergy CopyPortfolio.
- Europe opens lower: The UK100 opened 24 points lower, the GER30 was down 48 points and the FRA40 opened 23 points lower.
1.1337 0.0011 (0.1%)
BYNDBeyond Meat Inc.
125.94 -42.16 (-25.08%)
Stocks earnings releases on 12/06/19
LULULululemon Athletica Inc
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends