eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Cryptos show noticeable losses as correction continues
The cryptocurrency market remained on its negative trajectory over the past 24 hours, as the majority of cryptos showed a correction. At the time of writing, Bitcoin was down more than 3.5%, hovering around the $5,000 mark. 7 other top 10 cryptos registered losses of 4% or more, led by Litecoin, which was down around 9%.
77.42 0.57 (0.74%)
Today’s highlights: Wall Street awaits earnings reports
- Wall Street closes nearly flat: The earnings season gets into high gear as the first big banks, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo, will share their reports today. In anticipation of the earnings season, investors were hesitant yesterday, resulting in the DJ30, SPX500 and NSDQ100 all registering small price movements. Despite the muted session, several stocks reached fresh all-time highs, including Microsoft and Starbucks.
- Asia seen mixed: While the JPN225 index registered gains this morning, the HKG50 and China50 indices were seen lower.
- Oil shows recovery: After slipping from their yearly highs yesterday, oil prices showed a recovery this morning, as the ongoing OPEC-led supply cut, coupled with US sanctions against Iran and Venezuela, kept the black gold afloat.
- Bezos sends eBay stock lower: Amazon owner and CEO Jeff Bezos yesterday shared a note with investors, using rival eCommerce giant eBay as a benchmark, showing Amazon clearly outperformed it over the past 2 decades. As a result, eBay shares fell as much as 5%, eventually closing around 3.7% lower.
- Europe opens higher: The UK100 opened 15 points higher, the GER30 was up 8 points and the FRA40 opened 5 points higher.
120.16 -0.03 (-0.02%)
75.77 0.29 (0.38%)
1842.08 -5.25 (-0.28%)
Stocks earnings releases on 15/04/2019
GSGoldman Sachs Group Inc
Earnings season continues: Publicly traded companies have begun sharing their earnings reports for Q1 of 2019. To follow upcoming earnings reports, check out the eToro Earnings Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends