eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Trump’s tweet keeps trade deal hopes alive
As the US-China trade negotiations continue, President Trump yesterday tweeted that he will meet with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He today. Following the tweet, US markets closed higher, as the DJ30, SPX500 and NSDQ100 all registered gains. Investors will be watching the meeting’s outcome closely, as a breakthrough in the negotiations could have a positive impact on the global economy.
2948.61 -1.38 (-0.05%)
Today’s highlights: Crypto markets in the red
- Cryptos seen lower: The cryptocurrency market was seen lower over the past 24 hours, as the majority of top 10 cryptos were in the red at the time of writing. Bitcoin was down around 1%, still trading around the $8,500 mark.
- Asian markets show impressive gains: The optimism surrounding the latest round of trade talks was felt in markets in the East this morning. Both the China50 and JPN225 indices were up more than 1% at the time of writing, while the HKG50 index leapt more than 2%.
- ECOFIN to meet today: The European Economic and Financial Affairs Council (ECOFIN) will convene in Brussels today, to discuss various aspects of the European economy. News out of the meeting could impact the Euro and other key financial instruments in Europe.
- Oil continues to climb: The black gold showed gains yesterday, and continued to climb this morning, boosted by trade-deal hopes and the possibility that OPEC will extend and increase the global oil output slowdown.
- Volatility expected for CAD: Monthly Employment Change and Unemployment Rate reports are due in Canada at 12:30 GMT, potentially impacting the Canadian Dollar.
- Europe opens mixed: While the UK100 opened 18 points lower, the GER30 and FRA40 opened 72 and 22 points higher, respectively.
8396.01 -155.62 (-1.82%)
26305.5 592.5 (2.3%)
1.1012 0.0006 (0.05%)
1.328 -0.0006 (-0.05%)
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends