eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Wall Street has worst day of 2019
The US-China trade war escalated further yesterday, as China allowed the Yuan currency to fall to its lowest level in more than a decade in retaliation to Trump’s plan to impose more tariffs. As a result, the DJ30, SPX500 and NSDQ100 all fell around 3% recording the worst single-day drop so far this year.
2836.23 14.78 (0.52%)
Today’s highlights: Global markets react to trade war
- Casualties of (trade) war: The recent turmoil in global markets caused a dramatic drop in tech stocks, as Apple closed more than 5% lower yesterday, joined by Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Amazon – all of which lost 3% or more [tweet this] 🐤.
- Bitcoin continues to climb: While the cryptocurrency market was mixed over the past 24 hours, Bitcoin remained on its positive trajectory, climbing an additional 1.5% and trading above the $11,700 level at the time of writing.
- Asian markets lower: Markets in the East also reacted to the trade war as the China50, HKG50 and JPN225 were all in the red at the time of writing.
- Oil shows recovery: The black gold recovered some losses yesterday and this morning, as oil prices climbed more than 1%.
- VIX skyrockets: The VIX index, designed to track market volatility, jumped following the trade war escalation. On eToro, clients can gain exposure to the index through the VXXB and TVIX ETNs.
- Take Two climbs after hours: Gaming giant Take Two Interactive closed more than 5% lower yesterday. However, after the bell, the company released its earnings report which included strong guidance, causing the TTWO stock to climb more than 7% in after-hours trading.
- Super-merger in Europe takeout industry: Two European food delivery giants, Just Eat and Takeaway.com have announced a merger, creating the industry’s largest company outside China. The new company is valuated at more than £10 billion.
- Europe opens lower: The UK100 opened 32 points lower, the GER30 was down 7 points and the FRA40 opened 7 points lower.
11823.84 71.56 (0.61%)
VXXVIX Short-Term Futures ETN Ipath (B)
29.22 3.56 (13.87%)
Stocks earnings releases on 06/08/2019
PXDPioneer Natural Resources Company
Stocks earnings releases on 07/08/2019
CNPCenterpoint Energy Inc
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends