eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Wall Street feels pressure as tech stocks tumble
The tech sector suffered heavy losses yesterday, following news that the US government will conduct antitrust and business practice probes targeted at major tech companies. Many tech stocks registered significant losses, including Facebook (-7.5%), Google (-6.1%), Amazon (-4.6%) and Microsoft (-3.1%). The NSDQ100 closed more than 1.6% lower as a result, while the SPX500 registered slight losses and the DJ30 closed nearly flat.
163.61 -13.86 (-7.81%)
1034.62 -69.01 (-6.25%)
Today’s highlights: Bitcoin falls to $8,000
- Cryptos show major correction: The cryptocurrency market registered dramatic losses over the past 24 hours, as all top 10 cryptos were in the red, including 7 cryptos that dipped 7% or more. At the time of writing, Bitcoin was down more than 7%, crashing all the way down below the $8,000 mark.
- Asian markets seen lower: Markets in the East registered declines this morning, as the China50, JPN225 and HKG50 indices were all in the red at the time of writing.
- Powell to speak today: Fed Chair Jerome Powell will deliver a speech at an event hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago at 13:55 GMT. Powell’s words could impact the USD and other key financial instruments in the US.
- Gold holds near 3-month high: The ongoing volatility and uncertainty in global markets kept safe haven assets in high demand, as gold is holding onto its recently reached 3-month high.
- Oil continues to fall: The black gold registered additional loses yesterday, as fears of a global economic slowdown weighed on prices. Oil prices showed a slight recovery this morning, but were still trading close to the 2-month low reached yesterday.
- Apple announces new products: The tech giant yesterday held a media event, announcing a new desktop computer called Mac Pro, intended for professional filmmakers and musicians. Apple also unveiled several new operating systems for different devices.
- Europe opens lower: The UK100 opened 27 points lower, the GER30 was down 47 points and the FRA40 opened 23 points lower.
7867.23 -574.05 (-6.8%)
Stocks earnings releases on 04/06/2019
GWREGuidewire Software Inc
Stocks earnings releases on 05/06/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends