eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Wall Street slides on new tariffs
US markets closed lower on Friday after President Trump announced new tariffs on Mexican imports. The SPX500, NSDQ100 and DJ30 each closed at least 1.3% lower. For the DJ30, this marks a 6-week losing losing streak. Yesterday, China released an official document blaming the US for the ongoing global trade war, adding further pressure to markets as they open today.
Today’s highlights: Cryptos climb over the weekend
- Cryptocurrencies show gains: After showing a dip to end last week, cryptocurrencies showed steady gains over the weekend and were seen higher over the past 24 hours. At the time of writing, 8 of the top 10 cryptos were seen higher, including Bitcoin, which was up less than 1%, holding above the $8,600 mark, and XRP, which was up more than 4%.
- Asian markets mixed: Markets in the East went in different directions this morning. At the time of writing, the China50 index registered gains, joined by the JPN225, while the HKG50 index was seen lower.
- Oil continues to slip: The negative momentum in the oil market persists, as black gold prices continue to decline on global economic tensions. Oil prices have now reached lows not seen in more than 4 months.
- Volatility expected for USD: The monthly ISM Manufacturing PMI report is due in the US at 14:00 GMT, potentially generating volatility for the greenback.
- Gold hits 2-month high: The ongoing uncertainty in global markets put safe haven assets in high demand, as gold prices climbed to a 2-month high.
- Europe opens lower: The UK100 opened 32 points lower, the GER30 was down 85 points and the FRA40 opened 35 points lower.
1.1171 0.0004 (0.04%)
Stocks earnings releases on 03/06/2019
Stocks earnings releases on 04/06/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends