eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
US market awaits job data after rate cut, new tariffs
The volatility on Wall Street is expected to continue today. The Fed rate cut impacted markets on Wednesday, and yesterday, Trump caused markets to decline further after saying more tariffs will be imposed on Chinese imports, resulting in the DJ30, NSDQ100 and SPX500 all finishing lower. Today, the monthly NFP report will be released at 12:30 GMT, alongside other key job data, which could impact key indices and the USD.
1.1082 0 (0%)
2945.83 0.4 (0.01%)
Today’s highlights: Oil shows largest drop in 4 years
- Bitcoin continues to climb: After seesawing throughout the week, Bitcoin finally rose above the $10,000 mark yesterday and continued to climb 4% over the past 24 hours, alongside 6 other top 10 cryptos.
- Asian markets tumble: Following Trump’s announcement of more tariffs on Chinese imports, markets in the East took a hit this morning, as both the JPN225 and HKG50 indices dropped more than 2%, while the China50 index lost more than 1.8%.
- Oil shows slight recovery: Trump’s tariff announcement also impacted oil prices, as the black gold tumbled around 8% yesterday – its biggest drop in 4 years. However, oil recovered slightly this morning, recovering around 1%.
- Volatility expected for CAD: The monthly Trade Balance reports will be released in Canada at 12:30 GMT, potentially impacting the Canadian Dollar.
- PINS up: Pinterest blew estimates out of the water with its earnings report yesterday, beating all analysts expectations. As a result, the PINS stock climbed 15% in after-hours trading [tweet this].
- Europe opens sharply lower: The UK100 opened 80 points lower, the GER30 fell 213 points and the FRA40 opened 94 points lower.
10429.44 41.23 (0.4%)
28.29 -0.7 (-2.41%)
1.322 0.0007 (0.05%)
Stocks earnings releases on 05/08/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends