eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Cryptocurrencies show correction
The crypto market was seen lower over the past 24 hours, as all top 10 cryptos registered losses. At the time of writing, Bitcoin was down more than 5%, dropping to just above $8,200 after nearly hitting the $9,000 mark earlier in the session. 3 top 10 cryptos registered double-digit losses, including Ethereum, which was down more than 10%.
8246.59 96.17 (1.18%)
253.7265 7.3446 (2.98%)
Today’s highlights: Wall Street shows recovery
- Wall Street ends higher: Despite concerns of an all-out US-China trade war, markets in the US were able to show a recovery yesterday, as the DJ30, SPX500 and NSDQ100 all closed higher. Beyond Meat continued to climb, reaching another all-time high.
- Peso crashes on Trump threat: US President Donald Trump yesterday said his country will soon impose new 5% tariffs on imports from Mexico, resulting in the Mexican Peso crashing more than 2% against the USD.
- Asia seen lower: Markets in the East registered losses this morning, as the JPN225 index was down more than 1.5% at the time of writing, joined by the China50 and HKG50 indices.
- Oil set for biggest monthly loss of the year: The black gold registered noticeable losses yesterday and continued to drop today. The cumulative losses this month put oil on track for its worst monthly loss since November of last year.
- Volatility expected for CAD: The monthly GDP report will be released in Canada at 12:30 GMT, potentially generating volatility for the Canadian Dollar.
- Uber jumps after-hours: The ridesharing giant shared its first quarterly earnings report yesterday after the bell, showing better-than-expected results. Following the report, the Uber stock jumped 3% in after-hours trading.
- Europe opens lower: The UK100 opened 32 points lower, the GER30 was down 93 points and the FRA40 opened 35 points lower.
19.6005 0.4252 (2.22%)
PANWPalo Alto Networks
204.26 -11.06 (-5.14%)
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends