0x, the decentralized crypto and blockchain asset exchange infrastructure developer, announced today a revamped and improved 0x Launch Kit, a tool that allows users to create their own exchange or marketplace in minutes.
The 0x team has designed a pair of off-the-shelf React UIs for both orderbook relayers and NFT marketplaces. Adding these new frontend templates enable developers and businesses to launch a marketplace with just 1 line of code.
The 0x team also combined both frontend and backend components into a single Docker container that can be utilized to create a unique decentralized exchange.
Developers can now simply fork Launch Kit’s fully-featured relayer codebase and deploy onto AWS, Digital Ocean, Microsoft Azure, etc. without having to deal with any of the technical overhead of integrating with 0x.
Launch Kit is open-source, built using the 0x protocol smart contracts and includes features such as:
- React UIs for ERC-20 and ERC-721 tokens
- Market and Limit Orders
- Automatic Order Validation
- Order Status Notifications
- Dutch Auctions for ERC-721 tokens
- Standard Relayer API for Sharing Orders
- Wrapped ETH Abstraction for Easy Market Buys
- Support for all Web3 Wallets
Over 800 developers have forked or cloned 0x Launch Kit to create markets for predictions, game items, crypto derivatives, and even labor tokens. The 0x team has been listening to developer feedback and iterating on Launch Kit’s feature set since it was released in November 2018.
One of the top requests has been to create UI templates to eliminate the need to design a frontend. This is especially useful for game developers and digital artists looking to quickly create a market for their NFTs directly in their games or as secondary marketplaces. Developers can utilize Launch Kit to monetize their games by becoming primary issuers of their NFTs and enable a broad distribution of their tokens through 0x’s networked liquidity pool.
“0x Launch Kit worked like a charm. Integration was simple and straightforward thanks to the comprehensive docs both from 0x and the libraries they build on. It was painless to integrate with our dev environment (Docker + Postgres).”
New React UIs
0x designed Launch Kit’s default user interfaces to include all the necessary elements to easily engage with the emerging token economy. This involved making several considerations to minimize the tedious process of on-boarding to existing Ethereum-based DEX’s while still conforming to inherent technical limitations.
Now, instead of having to read instructions and “setup” their wallet for trading, traders can simply connect their wallet, type in an order amount/price, and follow a guided flow custom to their order. 0x says they plan to continue iterating on the UI and add new features like charting and support for other wallets.
Full list of UX improvements
- ETH / wETH abstraction: Launch Kit uses the Forwarder contract to abstract away wETH for market buys (the functionality of 0x instant). wETH is mentioned only in the contexts that it is needed.
- Guided flows: When it is not possible to use the Forwarder contract for transactions, the UI guides users to set wETH-ETH conversions for transactions (i.e. when buying .5 ETH of DAI, Launch Kit automatically sets the converted amount to .5) This flow also includes unlocking tokens (setting contract allowances) the first time those tokens are traded.
- A seamless exchange between ETH and wETH: If users want to convert ETH or wETH outside of a trade context, the launch kit provides a simple wETH-ETH converter in the wallet page.
- Portfolio view: The wallet page for ETH and wETH show the total ETH value of a users portfolio, and adds clarification around the 1:1 value of ETH:wETH.
- Clear progress bars: Transaction times are displayed alongside progress bars when creating/filling an order.
In addition to lowering the cognitive load required for traders to use a DEX, we are excited about forthcoming efforts to easily create new markets. Fabrx and Rex Relay will be integrating these UIs into their existing relayer deployment services. This will enable anyone to spin up their own fully functioning 0x-powered marketplace in minutes with no code required!
“0x Launch Kit is impressive. Once your relayer is live, users can immediately post orders through the relayer API. With the new UI components, a secondary exchange can be launched in minutes. To get up and running quickly, you can utilize Fabrx to launch your relayer, either with one API call or through the dashboard.”
The 0x Launch Kit takes care of the complexities of building a relayer. The codebase allows users to connect to wallets, wrap ETH, make and take orders, and get notified of order state changes so developers can spend more time on making their own relayer.
Like what you read? Give us one like or share it to your friends